AnnLab, Technical Project Specialist
- Sarah Banet-Weiser, “Commentary: When ‘Nice Guys’ Turn Out to Be Sexual Predators,” Fortune
- Mike Ananny: “Can Google, Facebook weed out fake news with ‘trust indicators’?” KPCC’s Airtalk
- Kate Miltner was interviewed for Motherboard about the enduring popularity of the Toto song “Africa”: “How ‘Africa’ by Toto Became the Internet’s Favorite Song”
- Matthew Bui presented two papers at the All Things in Moderation 2017 Conference at UCLA: “Digital Spaces and Urban Places: Geospatial Applications and the Moderation of Urban Politics” and “Moderation, Ratings and Gentrification: A Yelp Case Study from Los Angeles.”
- Josh Kun collaborated with singer-songwriter and recording artist Thao Nguyen to deliver an experimental lecture for the Arts + Design Mondays series at BAMPFA (Berkeley Arts Museum and Pacific Film Archive) in Berkeley.
- Hernan Galperin presented his new policy paper at the Ministerial Conference on Social Development in Latin America and the Caribbean, which took place October 26 in Motevideo, Uruguay. The paper, commissioned by UNESCO, addresses the challenges for digital inclusion in Latin America.
- USC Annenberg students and recent alumni were recognized at the 2017 National Arts and Entertainment Journalism Awards in a variety of categories — from soft news and profiles to commentary and the journalistic use of social media.